Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker

Monday, September 8, 2008

Wow, I'm really not good at this!

I'm like everyone else, I love to read other people's blogs to find out what's new, but I never keep up with my own. I started my blog because I really thought I'd have lots to say with all the changes going on in our lives, but really, I guess nothing's been as exciting or different as I thought it was in my own mind. I'm still the same procrastinating person that I always have been so our nursery isn't finished (or really even started), we haven't finished our registry, and we're still trying to make the girls names "final". However, I do have an update on the job front. for a few months I was interviewing with a medical device company that continued down the career path I was pursuing and also throwing around an idea with a smaller local job. At the end of the day, with a huge opportunity in front on me which would promise a great salary and growth opportunities, I made the decision that at this point in my life, it's not just about me anymore...or me and Kyle for that matter. We have two girls on the way and would I want to spend my days prior to their arrival traveling from Weatherford to Sherman to Greenville? And after their born, heading to Austin and California on a regular basis while leaving them behind at home? Not at all. So I passed on that job....which I admit wasn't that easy. I've worked hard to get to the point I was at in my career and was actually proud of myself. But I really do think God's telling me that it's time to not focus so much on myself and focus on my new role as mom.

So, I've taken a position as an office manager/sales marketing rep, etc. at an oral surgery practice close to home that allows me to be in a low stress environment, I get to work with my sister-in-law and the income isn't too bad. All in all, it was the best decision for me right now with all that is changing in my life. So thank you for keeping up with me and asking me how things were going, I know from my earlier posts that it was obvious that I was having a hard time with the job situation, but God answers prayers on His time and I truly think this was one.

We've got another Dr.'s appointment today to see our little angels so that's exciting. We're actually seeing our OB every two weeks and alternating with a high-risk doc so pretty soon we'll be saying hello every week! Crazy to schedule but lots of fun to look at them all the time!

Until later!

4 comments:

Felicia said...

Yeah, a new blog to read! I can't believe you have less than 3 months to go before you have 2 little baby girls! They are SO fun! Do ya'll have official names picked out yet?

JKMeeks said...

I need your address!

JKMeeks said...

oops-email it to me at

kmeeks@christianhomes.com

Lauren said...

You need to update!